Sunday, May 29, 2011

So, I've been in a slump. This is the time when I have to eat some of these words I'm so willing to dish out to others. I've been going through a period of uncertainty: what am I doing, is it the right stuff, is it enough, should I be somewhere or something else, what's it all for, and blah, blah, blah. I so want my life to mean something, that I start to question everything. And, is that a good thing, or a bad thing? So, for my appetizer, I will eat this: "Stay in the moment." When the call comes, LISTEN. When I'm teaching, do it with all my heart. If I'm reading, pay attention. When I'm with someone, don't be doing 3 things at once! Then, for my entree, I will plan my time, not rigidly, but purposefully. And, for my side dish, when things upset my plan, I will tend to them as though they are just as purposeful. Then, for dessert, I will use those little in-between moments for prayer, and song, and thought. And I will believe that my prayers will be answered, and leave the meaning to God. Oh, and I will drink a refreshing cup by doing something kind for someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment